Monday, February 29, 2016

TOS Review ~ Faith Builders Bible

Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}
Our family has been enjoying the Faith Builders Bible by Zonderkidz recently. This is a kid-friendly Bible that is written in the familiar style of the New International Reader's Version. It is geared toward a third grade reading level, which makes it easier to read for children. The book is hardcover and the pages are thin but durable. I also found that the book stays open, lying flat, no matter to what page we open it. That is very handy when you are building. From the moment you open the Bible, you realize you are in for something fun and different. This Bible has two Tables of Contents. The first contents page has the books of the Bible stacked up on building bricks, and the second is the traditional Table of Contents with numbered pages. Thus, it is eye catching and very easy to understand the line up of the various books of the Bible. 
As you move deeper into the book, you will find the Can You Build page, which encourages the reader to build what they read. It is clever and excites your young architect to want to see and build more. 
Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}

The actual content of the New International Reader's Version is written in the typical small print commonly found in Bibles. The font size is 9 and the spacing is nice on the pages, making it easy to keep your place while you are reading. We are using this Bible for our current family Bible study. My children have no trouble reading the print and finding assigned verses. Furthermore, throughout the book are lovely illustrated pages where the stories of the Bible are depicted with brick building creations. Each one of these pages has a builder block picture, a recap of the story and a building block verse. My children find it fairly easy to copy some of the pictures with their own blocks. They then build their own stories from the Bible. I appreciate all of the encouragement to build the many stories of the Bible. Building what they have read is great reinforcement for my children, both of whom learn kinesthetically. I love educational products that provide multiple ways of learning so am pleased that this Bible provides both visual and kinesthetic learning. There is also a small dictionary in the back of this Bible which helps your children be more independent in their Scripture learning. Overall, my children found this Bible very easy to use.
The Faith Builders Bible would also make a wonderful gift. It has a presentation page on the inside cover. I love the Scripture on the page, "Let us do all we can to live in peace. And let us work hard to build up one another." Romans 14:19.
My children are really enjoying this Bible. My daughter said, "I like the block pictures. I can build some of them. My favorite is the Fruit of the Spirit page." My son takes it to bed with him to read at night. He actually has set aside his usual bedtime book in order to investigate this Bible further. That is a win/win in my book. This Bible is $24.99, which is a great buy for such a high quality book.
Blessings, Dawn

Faith Builders Bible {Zonderkidz Review}

1 comment:

  1. It all makes sense now. I didn't really get the gist of this Bible from what I saw online. Thanks for explaining it all :)

    ReplyDelete