Sunday, January 21, 2007

Meet the Masters Curriculum



 

My son (16) has been using the meetthemasters@home series this year, and we are really enjoying it.  The above is a landscape in pastel based on American artist, Fredrick Remington.  We really like how well rounded is this program.  It comes complete with workbook, CD for computer, period music, and if you want ,you can buy the art supplies from them.  I found all of the supplies at the local craft store.

The below picture is his pastel based on Edgar Degas also done in chalk pastels.

 

Besides this program, we continue to do picture studies, using Charlotte Mason style of large prints based on the artist we are studying.  The little ones are interested in the picture study and then draw with crayons on regular paper.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed you put me on your friends list~thanks! I'll add you to mine. I'm new at blogging, too. It's fun, huh? I've enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to checking in with you often :)

    ReplyDelete