- Key Quotes ~ I love the quote section.
- Display Corner ~ This is a neat idea to have your children set up a display of things that they can relate to the person they are learning about.
- Chapter Questions
- Student Explorations ~ There are so many ideas from creative writing projects to arts and crafts.
- Community Links ~ This is a section that suggests different field trips that would tie in with the study of your history hero. We talked a lot about our trip to Philadelphia.
- Social Studies ~ This section is filled with hands-on ideas to help the student learn about history.
- Related Themes to Explore ~ This section is filled with great suggestions on topics in different subjects you could learn about. (Sample page shown below.)
- Culminating Events ~ This last section helps the students wrap up all they have learned by hosting a "party" in the form of a peace treaty -- complete with food, stories, poster boards and a fun, entertaining event.
This book and unit study gets a thumbs up from our family. There is so much included in the unit study that there truly is something for everyone. To see what other review crew members had to say, click on the banner below.