Monday, February 19, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes!

I just had a sweet conversation with my two youngest.  I was rocking my 3 and 4 year olds before bedtime and the conversation turned to WHO and WHAT made this and that.  This has been the running theme of the day.  So the questions went like this- "Who made milk?"  Reply "A cow."  My daughter (3) countered with "Who made the cow?"  I replied, "God."  The conversation went on with "Who made grass, sun, wind, chocolate, snowflakes, the color blue, etc." in which my answers eventually kept coming back to God.  After about 15 minutes of this, my daughter (3) stood up in bed, put her hands on her hips, and with all the seriousness she could muster said, "This God guy is a big deal!"  Yes, he is my darling! Yes, he is.

Out of the mouths of babes! I just love those sweet teachable moments!

2 comments:

  1. How precious! I think three year olds have the best theology : ) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love the way they think! What a sweet conversation to record in her baby book! Yes, this God IS a BIG DEAL, even a child can know it!

    ReplyDelete