Friday, April 27, 2012

School Daze


Another week gone!  I can't believe we only have three more weeks of official school left for the year.  We are busy having lots of adventures and winding up this school year.  I really need to get our summer planned.  Here are the highlights in the past few days.
  • I am trying to give Tom Sawyer lots of sensory fun.  He enjoyed doing his spelling words with shaving cream this week.  He also enjoyed schooling with his rat, Shade, in his lap.
  • We went to the local university and explored all of the telescopes they had on display.  We got to view the sun and look at sun spots.  Mr. Moon was also there visiting with all of the kids.
  • We finally made it to the gem mine and did some mining (to go with our Laura Ingalls and gold mining studies).  The kids found lots of quartz, blood stone, Dalmatian jasper and sodalite.
  • We are loving all of the Lego worksheets from Milk and Cookies.  Tom Sawyer even enjoyed the copy work sheets.
In addition to all of this, we finished our Explode the Code books, completed Little House on the Prairie (blog entry coming soon), attended the last library reading corner for the school year, learned three new songs from our Laura Ingalls Wilder Musical Memories CD, and the kids read lots of library books.

Please join Homegrown Learners for more great collage wrap-ups.

Blessings, Dawn

4 comments:

  1. Dawn - we loved all of the Lego printables, too! We did that exact graphing sheet I see in your picture.

    Thanks for linking...I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your learning adventures. I wished I had even a small amount of what you have available. The boys can't wait to go to the Science Center in Seattle when we go visit family. They love spending a day there. I bookmarked the site about learning with Lego. That looks like so much fun. My boys love playing with Lego. I am looking forward to hearing what you will be doing this summer. I really need to get creative this summer. Thanks for being such a inspiration.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great week, especially the mining! We love all things Little House...we'll have to check the library for the CD you mentioned:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really fun week!!! Enjoy your last few weeks. I would love to try to the mining!

    ReplyDelete