Wednesday, June 30, 2021

The Best and Most Notable of June

All around, we really had a nice June with lots of exciting events. The month felt almost normal, as concerns COVID. The month went by in a blink of the eye, and now we are here on the last day of June. Rebekah is deep into an online ballet intensive with UNCSA, and Elijah applied for a job at Target and was called back for an online interview. Now we wait to see if he got the job. I am preparing for a yard sale in the coming weeks, and Tim is going to his brain injury program on a limited basis. He really wants it to return to normal, so that they can return to field trips. Dear Husband keeps keeping on at work. 

We enjoyed an evening at a rooftop eatery one night. The views of the city were lovely.

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner out for our 23rd wedding anniversary.
These mocktails were so good.
 
I only got a picture of the three of us, but Tim, Elijah, my stepmother
and her boyfriend were there, too. We had so much fun on the haunted trolley ride
around our city.

Rebekah graduated! She is wearing the honor cords that she earned from
the National Honor Society of Dance Arts and from the North Carolina Home Education
for graduating with a cumma sum laude GPA. I am so proud of my girl.

Her graduation party was a great success.

Medieval sword play has returned every weekend. Tim and Elijah are delighted.

I turned 49! Wow, time just flies by.

We had a berry tart instead of birthday cake.

For my birthday, I got four books, including Mike Mulligan & His Steam Shovel (for my children's 
picture book collection). I also received hand towels, bath bombs, and comfortable sandals. 
In addition, my Mother paid for the some of the ceilings to be professionally painted, 
since painting them by myself was causing me a lot of pain.

Rebekah and I volunteered at the concessions stand, so that we could attend the summer dance
performance put on by Terpsicorps. It was stunning! I am so glad Rebekah gets to study with
their professional training program next school year.


My husband and I squeezed in a short dessert date downtown
with a slice of lovely berry torte and this gorgeous view.


My stepmother wanted to celebrate Elijah in some way while they were here, since were in lockdown during his graduation. They settled on going to Pack Tavern for dinner. It was fun to eat out! 

We are looking forward to July and all that it brings!

Blessings, Dawn

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary and happy birthday! What a great June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you! We are the same age!! What a lovely month for your family. I certainly hope July is as lovely or even more so.

    And I hope Elijah gets the job with Target!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun month! Between celebrating an anniversary, a birthday, and not one but two graduations it really sounded like a full month.

    ReplyDelete