Thursday, March 31, 2022

Goodbye, March

 I haven't been around much this month. That is because it has truly been uneventful. Everyone worked and did their normal activities. I usually think March is the most boring and uneventful month of the year. 

Quick catch up

  • Our sweet rat died. Willow was the best rat we ever had, but she also will be our last caged animal. I felt like she needed an hour out and about each day, which took a lot of time when her care began to fall completely on my shoulders. Everyone else became too busy to give her attention. She was very old and died peacefully.
  • Tim was released from visiting nurse care and his cardiologist says that he has a clean bill of health. We are very relieved to put that scary medical chapter behind us!
  • I am currently working on repairing and painting the downstairs fireplace hearth so we can get an electric fireplace. A post is coming soon on how I replaced the missing bricks with handmade artificial bricks before painting the whole thing. I look forward to tackling this ugly spot in our home. 
  • Rebekah took a master dance class with Fay Van Baar (Nederlands Dance Theater) from the Netherlands. She really enjoyed it. 
Contemporary Master Class
  • We also got back the professional photos from ADCIBC (dance competition in Atlanta). This is my favorite photograph.
Classical ballet piece
  • Elijah is so busy these days. I made him stand still to get his picture taken before he left the house the other day. I told him I needed proof that he was still alive ~ LOL. His friend group is so lovely right now, and his job at Target is going really well. 

April should be a great deal more exciting. We have three birthdays and a few adventures. It should be a fun month!

Blessings, Dawn

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about Willow. I'm glad dance is going well for Rebekah, and that Elijah is doing well with his job and socially. I'll be interested to see your finished project and hear about your faux brick repair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that things are going well for everyone! I said that same thing when our last pet died; I enjoyed having him but as the kids got older it was more and more falling on me to make sure everything was done and I just don't want to deal with that anymore. I can't wait to see your new fireplace and hear how you repaired it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for a peaceful month! I hope the excitement in April is all good excitement.

    Anne looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete