Thursday, April 28, 2022

The Saint Louis Zoo

Our day at the Saint Louis Zoo was wonderful. This was one of the best zoos we have ever been to. The animals were active and there were lots of animals we had never seen or hadn't seen in a long time. There were several giraffes (my favorite), and my mother and Tim got to see their favorite animals (gorillas), too. The silver back was putting on a show of dominance and kept throwing things at the glass. He got a big reaction out of the crowd. 
I did a horrible job of taking pictures of our family on this trip. I didn't get a single group shot and mostly took pictures of my family's retreating backs. We all took turns at the zoo pushing Grandma in a rented wheel chair. It made the zoo so much more enjoyable for her, and we were able to move at a good pace and see the entire zoo.

The butterfly building was wonderful. Elijah caught a few. We spent lots of time in this area. 




This is the closest I have ever been to a hippo. I think he has sweet eyes. 

One sign of a good zoo is how content the animals are to go about their everyday business. At this zoo the animals seemed very content and were doing all of their normal activities from grooming to playing. This zoo is also free, which is a huge plus. 

After the zoo, we went out to dinner at Red Robin and onto Ikea. Yes, Ikea...we live more than two hours from one, and it kept tempting us as we drove past it.  We only bought a few small decor things for Rebekah's room and gifts for my other's birthday.

We wrapped up the night with a quick stop at Ted Drewes on Route 66. They are famous for their concretes (which are very thick milkshakes). We got two and tested them out. They were really very good, and I am pretty sure you could have held it upside down without it falling out, just as they advertise. 


One more post to go about our trip. If you are just tuning in, the other Saint Louis posts are below:

Blessings, Dawn



 



2 comments:

  1. I love checking out new zoos! How fun that this one was free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have driven my family to St. Louis to meet you. :) We're not that far away. I wonder how they keep their zoo free. It's a marvelous service!!!

    ReplyDelete