I am catching up my blog for 2026. This trip was the last week of 2025. Only David, Rebekah and I decided to go. We took the train to Providence, RI and then rented a car and drove to Newport, RI. I have always wanted to see Newport and it being decked out for Christmas made it even better. It was bitter cold and a bit snowy. I was completely in my happy place and my husband and daughter did their best not to complain or freeze to death...lol.
We stayed in a cute little inn that included breakfast. It was quaint, old and imperfect. The staff was lovely and helpful. We enjoyed walking around the town and visiting several antique and thrift stores. We bought extra gloves and hats. I found an antique ceramic Christmas tree at one antique shop for my husband. The owner was very talkative and walked right out of his store with us. He walked us all the way up the block to a lunch spot he thought we would love. The people of Newport are very friendly.
My favorite morning was walking the cliff trail. The Newport mansions are on one side and the ocean is on the other side of the trail. Wherever you look their is beauty. I loved the ocean so much. I am not a sandy ocean person, but an ocean with a rocky beach is my happy place...especially if it is a bit stormy.
We went to two Newport mansions. My favorite was the Marble house. It was owned by Alva Vanderbilt Belmont who was a fascinating woman from the gilded age. She fought for women's rights and did her part to champion for our right to vote.

Blessings, Dawn

















No comments:
Post a Comment