Hermit Crabs ~ I forgot to mention we got two hermit crabs at the beach. These guys are active. We are learning how to care for them. We haven't had hermit crabs in years. They are loads of fun to watch.
Crafts and Camping ~ Dean and DH went camping last weekend. They had a great time while Anne and I stayed home and crafted. Anne has wanted to try Perler beads for a long time. She embraced this craft with a passion, and we stayed up until almost midnight creating.
Homeschooling ~ My goal this week was to do tons of science. We didn't get to half of what I had planned, but we did get some science done. I had to alter the whole week to make it all work. I am very thankful for the ability to be flexible.
- Completed The Diamond of Darkhold, book 4 in the City of Ember series ~ Literature
- Life of Fred Jelly Beans, 3 chapters ~ Math
- Teaching Textbooks, 3 lessons ~ Math
- 2.5 hours of assigned reading ~ Language Arts
- Writing Prompts, 3 days ~ Language Arts
- Grammar workbook pages, daily ~ Language Arts
- A Reason for Spelling (Level E, Dean and Level C, Anne), Lesson 3, all 4 days plus spelling test ~ Language Arts
- Last day of PT for Dean (YIPPIE) and a quick PT evaluation for Anne to make sure she is ready for Pointe. Her teacher wanted her arches and foot that turns in to be checked out. She passed and is ready for Pointe. ~ Physical Education
- Swimming and trampoline play, 3 hours ~ Physical Education
- Bill Nye The Science Guy shows, "Caves" and "Earth's Crust" ~ Science
- Finished the Trebuchet Tinker Crate finally! We made marshmallow shooters, dancing puppets and tested controlling a ping pong with a hair dryer. We also completed the challenges with our trebuchet ~ 2 hours ~ Science
- Augustus Caesar's World ... Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Mark Antony, the Roman Calendar, etc., 3 pages ~ History
- Explored our new Intelliglobe with wireless intelli-pen ~ Geography
- Polishing Silver ~ Is this a dying art? The kids loved doing it, although it was not completed to Downton Abbey standards ~ Home Economics
- Painting walls and baseboards at Grandma's house ~ Home Economics
|The making of these puppets drove the kids crazy, but the puppets were fun once they were done.|
|Anne thought that this was the coolest job we have done all summer!|
|We have inherited a lot of silver through the years. There are still two more pieces to polish.|