- Make a lap book
- Learn some calligraphy
- Make a Great Wall of China replica
- Learn about and play with Tangrams
- Have a green tea testing party
- Make and paint clay pandas
- Learn about and fly a kite
- Make our own Terracotta Warriors
- Work with our abacus to increase counting skills by 2's (10's for Goldilocks)
- Study and make a map of the Silk Road
- We're Riding in a Caravan (all about the Silk Road)
- The Seven Chinese Brothers
- Ms. Frizzle's Adventures, Imperial China
- The Warlord's Kites (This is a great math/literature series)
- The Warlord's Beads
The kids loved learning about Tangrams. They started off building with just the seven tiles but quickly moved on to using all of the tiles for their masterpieces.
(a dancing woman)
The kids also really enjoyed learning some Chinese calligraphy.
(symbol on left means tree and the two on the right mean field)
We also had a blast this week watching this YouTube movie on the Great Wall of China. It is really worth it if you are studying this time period.