Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Motherhood

I just loved this when I saw it on Tiany's blog and thought it was worth copying so more mothers could see it.  There are days when some of the following are challenging but even on the hardest days something always reminds me how very blessed I am to be a Mother!


Blessed is the mother who makes peace with spilled milk and mud, for of such is the realm of motherhood.


Blessed is the mother who refuses to compare her children with others, for precious onto each is the rhythm of his own growth.


Blessed is the mother who has learned to laugh, for it is the music of the child's world.


Blessed is the mother who can say no without anger, for comforting to the child is the security of a firm decision.


Blessed is the mother who treats her child consistently, for this makes children secure.


Blessed is the mother who is teachable, for knowledge brings understanding and understanding brings love.


Blessed is the mother who loves her children in the midst of a hostile world, for love is the greatest of gifts.

1 comment:

  1. I love these 'be-attitudes". I want to post them on my fridge as a daily reminder. Thank-you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete