Friday, March 16, 2007

Ramblings ...

I was just thinking about socialization and what non-homeschoolers often think about it.  How many of us have to struggle not to roll our eyes when someone says, "Aren't you worried about socialization?"  Looking back on this week and the many weeks before it, I am amazed that we have time to get any school done with all the socializing we do.  Just this morning, in the blink of a few minutes, one lady commented on how sweet and well socialized my kids were, and a nearby person, upon hearing that my children attended preschool at home with Mommy, asked me that age old question about socialization.  Actually, I think both women were surprised and impressed.  I guess I should mention that at the time my two youngest, ages 3 and 4, were in their gymnastics class (being socialized  ).  Oh well, I do hear the socialization question less and less.  Perhaps people are learning more as homeschooling is growing in our country.

On the gymnastics topic-- my kids are loving this class.  Little Red Ridinghood (3) is doing great forward rolls and is a pro on the balance beam.  Tom Sawyer (4) is loving trying out the high bar and learning cartwheels.  I am so glad we found this class and plan to continue straight through the summer.  I can really see the confidence building in them, and they are as happy as clams when I tell them where we are going.

Goldilocks (6) is also enjoying the new class she is taking.  It is an arts and crafts class for homeschoolers, and she loves bringing home her latest creation each week.  As for Dickens, our nature loving teen, he has decided to try something that isn't related to animals for once.  Oh, he still spends a lot of time volunteering at the regional nature center, but he did take up acting classes this winter.  He is doing so well, and we are so proud of him.  OK! I am done bragging for today.  It is just so great to see our children blossom!

No comments:

Post a Comment