Friday, August 1, 2008

Show and Tell ~ PlayMais



My kids and I love different art mediums.  We are really excited about the newest one we have been exploring.  It is called PLAYMAIS ~ a kind of cornstarch pellet that looks like a packing pellet and comes in lots of colors.  What is really great about these pellets is they require no glue.  All you need is a damp sponge and a surface to attach them onto.  You just touch the pellet to the sponge and then stick it onto cardboard, paper, glass, wood, or whatever else you want.  You can squeeze them into different shapes and pull them up and reuse them if you wish.  I love things that allow my kids to explore their imaginations.  They made magic wands, villages, and a house.


Tom Sawyer wanted to make a house.  After his sisters explored their own ideas, they decided to help him with his house (see first photo).











This was a lot of fun.  They had a great time, and we look forward to using PLAYMAIS again.  PLAYMAIS is sold at Amazon, but I found it for less in a museum gift shop. 


To see more great Show and Tells, go to Canadagirl.


Blessings, Dawn

14 comments:

  1. These are so much fun. I remember playing with them at a homeschool expo a few years ago. Yours are very brightly colored. Awesome creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh neat !! I love finding different art mediums. And this is new one I have never heard of . I can see that your kids had tons of fun.


    Blessings and ((HUG))

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These look really neat! I will have to keep my eyes out for them. My kids would love them and I am starting my Christmas shopping! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great weekend!

    SchoolinRHome

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fun. I"ve never heard of them before. Once they are on the project, can they be reused for other projects?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of that. I may just have to check that out!!


    Don't you just love being able to help facilitate your kids' imaginations? I do. That's part of what being a home schooler is all about!!


    Thanks for sharing,

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this before. Did you find it at the craft store? Looks very fun and something I know my kids would enjoy as well. Thank you for a great Show & Tell day!


    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like fun stuff that my kids would love.

    Have a great weekend.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always so much fun when we discover new to play with as a family, isn't it? I'm happy for you all! Looks like you're having a lot of fun. :)


    Have a lovely weekend!

    ~Shani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those ARE fun! We like it when we get the plain ones as package material instead of the "packing popcorn" b/c then we can play with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have put up a correction on my S & T. Check it out!

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/solidrock/567670/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was wondering what those things were. Love the houses. Maybe you have a few architects budding there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is really cool. I think that I'd like to get my 9 year old that -she's my creative one. But I bet they'd all like it.

    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like fun!

    Looks like there is NO mess with that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that looks like neat stuff!

    I'll have to look for that when we're out. Anything that doesn't require glue is a good thing, i'm thinking.


    Your kids are so cute and very creative.

    ReplyDelete