Monday, May 11, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday ~ Children's Literature Edition

It is time for another Muffin Tin Monday! The theme this week is building a muffin tin meal around a children's book. My kids love the book, If You Give a Pig a Pancake. 


Going clockwise ~ We had sausage, gluten-free pancakes, maple syrup, pineapple and strawberries, and even more gluten-free pancakes. A baby wipe is included for hand cleaning, because if you give a pig pancakes and syrup, they will have sticky little paws. It was pointed out to me by my teenager that eating pig (sausage) in our muffin tins was not very friendly to the storyline. LOL! I suppose he is right, but it rounded out the meal well. Luckily, none of the other kids caught on to that fact.


Blessings, Dawn

5 comments:

  1. great job on your tin and i think it's great that you did breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I found it funny that you added in the sausage. My teen would have laughed for a good long while about that. Great tin!


    Val


    http://rosegardenhomeschool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We eat gluten free pancakes every single day around here! My 17 month old (wheat allergic) guy is so picky, and it's one thing I can get him to nibble on *almost* every time. I did a post with our gluten free pancake recipe and that same book a few months ago back on our blog! :) Your meal looks delicious.

    http://infantbibliophile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the logic!!! What a great tin, I love that story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tin! I think my kids would enjoy these. Do you just pick a book and come up with something to do or eat to go in the tin?


    LOL at your teen's comment. Sounds like something mine would have said too!


    Blessings

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete