Friday, May 8, 2009

Show and Tell Friday ~ He's DONE!

The Big Teen finished his last subject today and is officially done with high school!! You just cannot imagine my excitement and relief! We made it!! He will be having a big graduation ceremony with many other homeschoolers from around the state on May 23 at the homeschool convention. However, I just had to do something to celebrate tonight! We dropped the big teen off at his fencing class and scurried off to the store to buy a cake and some balloons. I used to drive my poor dear husband crazy doing  things impromptu like this, but he is used to me now. When we got home, we decorated a little and waited for the big teen to come back home. When he came through the door, we yelled SURPRISE! Boy, did we get him! He never saw this little party coming.  



After cake and ice cream (another cheat on the special diet), we went outside to get even with that boy for all the complaining over school assignments have a silly string war.



Get him children!



CONGRATULATIONS, SON! We are proud of you.

Blessings, Dawn

9 comments:

  1. HEE HE !!! I will have to remember this next year when my oldest grads. LOL That looks like sooooooo much fun. [0= I had to chuckle and I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY for you all.


    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon @ Song of My HeartMay 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM

    Congratulations to your son! What a great accomplishment.

    I love the impromptu surprise party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the Big Teen!!! That is just plain awesome!


    LOVE the silly string fight! :)


    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What an accomplishment!


    I love the silly string fight! I think mine would love that here too. I'll have to remember that one. (I should go tell one of my children as they would remember better than me.)


    Blessings

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both your son and you! Outstanding! I am so happy for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a note to myself to stop by on Friday, but I'm glad to see it. Congratulations to him!! You encourage me, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!!!! Happy Day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what wonderful fun!


    Congratulations to both of you. I look forward to and dread that day in my house at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww - congrats to him - & you!

    ReplyDelete