Sunday, December 13, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday ~ The Biggest Snowman Ever

I'm happy to be getting back to Muffin Tin Monday. This week's theme is Christmas books.

We read The Biggest Snowman Ever for our Muffin Tin Monday activity.


I decided that it would be fun for the kids to make marshmallow snowmen for their muffin tin treat. I only used what we had on hand. It would have been nicer to use white frosting. However, my Southern children never see enough snow to cover the dirt so all snow gets muddy quick. The "mud" on the snowmen seemed normal to them. LOL!

Clockwise ~ chocolate kisses, big marshmallows, toothpicks, sprinkles, frosting, mini-marshmallows.





Blessings, Dawn

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!

    My children and I have never seen snow other than pic's either. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute! I love the muffin tin idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They looks so good and yummy too. [0= Hee he on the mud.


    I commented on your reconstruction on your house just incase your blog didn't notify you. Really wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you.


    Blessing and ((HUGS)) In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those turned out so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. You do such fun things!!!


    Thank you for your prayers and encouragment of me too. I really do appreciate them!


    Blessings

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to comment on this post, too. I love your little snowmen! Every time my children see one of your neat projects, they tell me that they want to do what your children are doing! :)


    I thought it was funny that you mentioned never seeing much snow, and now you have your snow! :)


    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn - I came across your website from a link from the HSB community. I have to admit that I have spent over an hour reading through your posts. :) And I just wanted to tell you that I feel SO blessed to have found your site. I have been looking for ideas to use with my children to help enrich their lives and I have found so many here. :) I am a fairly new Christian (although I was raised Roman Catholic) and I have four boys (19, 12,7, and 3) who are also just starting their new Christian lives. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts and ideas as I can't tell you how much you have helped me in my planning!! :) I can't wait to start my own blog and share my story with others, but please know that I am forever grateful for what you have done for my family. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete