Sunday, December 12, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday ... Jingle The Christmas Clown

For Advent we open a "new" Christmas book each day and do a fun activity around the book.  The kids love this and enjoy seeing old favorites as well as new books to explore.  This week for Muffin Tin Monday, we read Jingle the Christmas Clown by Tomie dePaola.  This is a wonderful story set during the Middle Ages in Europe.  A traveling circus troop comes to a familar village and finds that most of the villagers have moved on to the big city to find work.  The traveling circus decides to leave the baby animals and a young clown behind because they need to rest.  The baby animals and clown decide to put on a free show for the elderly of the village.

The kids made ice cream cone clowns.  The tin contained an ice cream cone, colored sugar, maraschino cherries, scoop of vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, and marshmallows.


I did not get a picture of the kids' creations, because they ate them so fast.  Please go visit Muffin Tin Monday to see more great muffin tins.

Blessings,
Dawn

6 comments:

  1. Cute! I found a copy of this book after reading your list of Advent books, and the kids really liked it. They would have liked it even more, however, if we'd combined it with Muffin Tin Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I will have to look for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Tomie! I don't have this book! I am doing this - it'd be great birthday party edible craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a lot of fun! One new feature I'm liking about blogger is the "follow" feature so I can see on my blog when a friend updates on theirs.

    I was in your area this past week-end with my mom, sister, niece and one of my girls. Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with you!

    Blessings
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete