Friday, June 2, 2017

Summer Break ~ Week One

In this moment ~ Right now, I am listening to the teapot steaming. The rest of the house is quiet as the children are still asleep. My constant companion, Boomer the dog, sits next to me, hoping that I will drop some bagel crumbs for him.

Outside my window ~ The sun is shining and it looks like it will be a lovely day.

I am reading ~ $2.00 a Day - Living on Almost Nothing in America. What a thought-provoking book. If you need a gratitude boost or want to think about how America can become kind again and how to empower the poorest of the poor to survive, this book may be for you.

I am creating ~ I am creating an atmosphere filled with love and kindness in my home. I am teaching my children to take that love and kindness out into the world. My son is creating his mural. My daughter is creating her summer exercise schedule.
Image may contain: one or more people
Mural work continues
No automatic alt text available.
It will be a monster looking over a mountain with a hot air balloon going by.
I am thankful for ~ I am thankful that communication with my children is strong. They still talk to me and share their joys, concerns, sorrows and dreams. They still seek guidance from me. There was a situation just this past week that resulted in a friend of theirs having a breakdown requiring hospitalization. Even though many friends were concerned for this person's safety, only a small handful -- including my two -- turned to a parent. I am very thankful for that.

I am going ~ Dance classes at their regular studio have finished for the summer, so we were home much more than usual. We did some shopping, went to an art class, power walked at the mall and took a walk at the Botanical Gardens.

I am watching ~ Death in Paradise and Victorian Slum.

I am hoping ~ I am hoping to drastically reduce our belongings this summer. We are really finding our house and land to be too much for our lifestyle. We are on-the-go people who are rarely home and should probably live in a 1200 square foot or under house or condo with very limited land to maintain. Instead, we are living in a 2000+ square foot home with an outbuilding and almost an acre of weed/tree/vine-infested yard that we inherited with this foreclosure. I believe that, if we could drastically reduce our belongings, we would be able to more easily clean our home and concentrate more on the yard work. Moving is an impossibility right now. Since the housing market is so tight and expensive, we can't even afford to downsize.

Around the house ~ I am busily taking things to consignment shops, selling on eBay and making a mountainous pile for a yard sale. I think it is going to get messier before it gets cleaner.

I am praying for ~ A few friends that are going through very difficult times, our world, our country (which I feel is very much on the wrong path currently), and my family.

I am looking forward to ~ Celebrating my 19th wedding anniversary with  my husband next week and another productive week at home.

A picture to share ~ 
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting, outdoor, water and nature

Blessings, Dawn

15 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying having more time at home in the evenings, at least this week!

    Can't wait to see his finished mural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel good when I read your posts. I love the mural and the photo of your daughter. I am going to check out that book. I am grateful for the relationships I have with my kids, which I know is rare, especially through the teen and young adult years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early anniversary! I got rid of 4 large bags/boxes of toys from the playroom this week. I too am finding a real need to downsize and feeling like our house is just too much work lately. The upkeep can really feel like a burden at times even though I KNOW we are blessed to have so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often iTunes Gift card

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is actually good to read the content of this blog. here is very general and the huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I, in reality, appreciate this blog to learn more about this topic. {100% Working} Roblox Song Id's and Roblox Music Codes 2019

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for sharing this great work of sites that I like. Earn points by completing paid surveys, free offers or by sharing with your friends. Earn enough points and you can get free Robux.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the Kind of Manual That Needs to Be Given and Not the Random Misinformation That's at the Other Blogs. Appreciate Your Sharing This Best Post and Keep on Sharing More Posts With Us in Future. !And also found debitcardgenerator

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about
    this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do
    with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but
    other than that, this is excellent blog. A great read.
    I will definitely be back.
    but you try fro following things also,
    Free Robux
    How to get free Robux
    Get Free Robux
    FREE ROBUX ROBLOX
    Earn Free Robux - Redeem Instantly
    Free Robux - Earn
    Earn Free Robux
    free robux websites
    earn robux today
    free robux codes
    ​Free​ Roblox ​Robux

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great blog. It very reliable for new readers. It really makes me happy. Thanks for sharing it. I am a gamer and here is something interesting for you.
    You may Visit here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it. This is very helpful info. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog. Really its great article. Keep it up. For minecraft artical, you may visit here
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, It's very helpful for this blog.Also great with all of the valuable information you have Keep up the good work you are doing well.click here
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. I was once checking constantly this weblog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information specially the closing part. I also have something for you. you can Check here

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am actually getting ready to across this information, It's very helpful for this blog. This is very helpful info. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog. here click on ds emulator for pc

    ReplyDelete
  14. This blog is very very good for new readers . I would like to suggest you Digital Marketing by clicking on this you get more information about it . The best part of it is that it helps to raise the viewers of your site.

    ReplyDelete