- Dean completed his Survival Math Skills book and is ready to move on to Living Mathematically: Living Within Your Means.
- Anne got lots of excellent remarks for her Sign Language demonstration.
- Dean completed two more countries on his African Studies in Geography (Libya and Sudan).
- Anne made it to work two mornings this week.
- Dean is half-way done with Treasure Island.
- Anne is half-way done with A Gathering of Days.
- Dean had a wonderful time on another art field trip (I will talk about this a bit at the end).
- Anne attended all but one dance class. Cecchetti was canceled due to ice.
- Dean attended 4 hours of The Wandering Swordsman classes.
- Anne cleaned the floors of the dance studio in trade for taking adult classes for free.
|Anne cleaning the floors|
We completed another field trip. The focus of this field trip was to explore crafts that are useful in our home. Many people cannot afford to have beautiful artwork in their home. However, some of them can afford to have beautiful handmade utilitarian objects that provide beauty and are useful at the same time. We went to a gallery in the old Woolworth building, and I sent them off to find objects they would find useful to use in their homes. We found an extensive list of things.
|Anne had to work so wasn't with us.|
Lastly, we had lunch at the Woolworth lunch counter that has been preserved all of these years. We read about the student sit-ins during the Civil Rights Movement that started in Greensboro, NC and spread through the South. We also learned that our city was one of the few cities where integration happened completely peacefully. I haven't gotten in most of my lesson plans for Black History month with all that is going on, but I am glad to squeeze in whatever I can.
So much will happen in the next five days. I know it is going to be a whirlwind of emotions. Until next time ~ Peace.