Friday, September 4, 2020

A Nice Day Out

It was another emotional week around here. I think we are all struggling with the endlessness of this pandemic and the reality of all that is being permanently changed. Our youngest daughter is a planner. She has planned out her life for several years to come and now everything is in question. Even things that are supposed to happen next week are questionable. She is learning to walk in faith and let go a bit. I do feel strongly that she will find her niche. It is just going to take time.

This one makes life better, though.

Elijah had another appointment at Vocational Rehabilitation. I am so glad we are finally seeing some movement. He was assigned a job coach, who will help him find a job and stay with him while he trains. They are going to start job shadowing and working on his resume in the next few weeks. I have high hopes that this will be a positive experience for him.

We just needed a break from the grind of the pandemic and decided to get out to an apple and flower farm. They had pick-your-own flowers and apples. We decided to pick flowers and cut a huge bouquet. They had lots of other fun outdoor activities, too. The one that really made my family's day was the apple cannon. I don't know who loved it more, the kids or my husband. They hit the target several times.


After picking flowers, we had apple cider slushies and apple cider donuts. They were so good. We also bought some lovely apples for baking at home. 


Standing in the sunflower field was just lovely. The sunflowers were above our heads in some places. If there hadn't been so many bees, my teens would have started a hide and seek game. You are truly never too old for hide and seek...right?

My sunflowers are a lovely reminder that we got to have a bit of fun and "normalcy".

They also had lots of cows and donkeys to pet. They came right up to the fence. The calves were so sweet and cute.


What a lovely outing! I can't wait for pumpkin season. We will go out to another farm when pumpkins are ready.

Blessings, Dawn

3 comments:

  1. What a fun outing! Anne looks like a movie star lounging in the chair on the porch. :) I think apple cannons might make my little boys just die of happiness!

    I genuinely wish you all peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outing sounds so fun! I wish we had an apple cannon near us; my boys would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great family day together! An apple cannon would be a huge hit with at least one of my girls too.

    Praying peace for you all...this whole thing is just wrecking havoc on people, and it's sad.

    ReplyDelete