Friday, January 30, 2009

Science Gone Wild

We are very busy with science around here. The Big Teen is doing a survey course of physics and chemistry this year. He got an awesome chemistry set from his grandparents and we have put it to use. Unfortunately, I have only managed to get a few pictures since I have been a bit busy making sure nothing/nobody catches on fire! We only had one spill. That was Potassium Permanganate. Talk about our own mini environmental disaster! We got it all cleaned up properly. We also got a kit to put together a tin can robot. He is very cute when he is racing after the poor dog. The kids have named him Wall-e The Tin Can Robot. 

We have lots more fun in science planned for over the next week or two. I set up a table and a specific area to do our experiments. We have set aside a concentrated time each week for lab work, so we only have to make a mess for a few hours at a time.

Blessings, Dawn

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing! What a wonderful thing you are doing with your kids. Could you share the name of this chemistry set so I could look into getting it?

    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Wall-e is so cute!


    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your robot! Science experiments are something I need to do more of, especially with my boys. They are the ones that would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn,

    I have to admit, I hate doing science experiments!! My kids of course love them. It isn't the mess or anything, I just don't like science or experiments. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete