The first step is to work on his gut and try to get his intestinal track working better. This week I will be pulling wheat and gluten (we pulled oats a year ago) and starting to fill his body with probiotics, zinc and digestive enzymes to try to get his intestines to stop leaking. In the coming weeks, we will continue to pull all of the high allergy foods and reduce the mild allergy foods to one time a week. We will continue to work on healing his gut with supplements. This is going to be a long process and starting this in one of our craziest months of the year (three family birthdays and Easter) is really making my head spin!
Since I always try to see the bright side ~
- We have a great doctor helping us who will see us every few weeks.
- Our insurance covers the doctor visits and most of the tests.
- We homeschool, which will make controlling his food intake easier.
- The Squirrels-Nest (an allergy sweets store) still exists and my kids' safe Easter candy is already ordered.
- My husband supports 100% the changes we will have to make (I just love him so much). I think many fathers might not be so accommodating to their diets once again being changed.
- Tom Sawyer was not allergic to fruits, meat, and veggies.
- He likes fruits, meat and veggies.
- Many food items are made with potatoes, which he can eat.
- This means his behavior, health, and learning abilities will likely improve.