Festival of Knowledge ~ The kids spent the better part of the week finishing their Festival of Knowledge projects. I love having them do a project like this every year. They learn and use so many skills.
Skills they used this week ~
- creating sentences
- layout of a topic on their boards
- working with clay
- making an outline
- writing complete paragraphs
- public speaking
- being graceful while receiving public recognition and criticism
In the World of Workbooks ~ While kids were waiting for me to get to them and their projects, they did workbook pages. We finished several workbooks this week.
- Goldilocks finished a 2nd grade drill math workbook and an Explode the Code workbook.
- Little Red Riding Hood finished an Explode the Code workbook and moved to the next one. She also finished a 300+ Dot to Dot workbook and a Crossword Puzzle workbook.
- Tom Sawyer finished a following directions workbook and a multiplication drill math book.
Goldilocks finished the lowest level of the 5th grade Hewitt Pass Test. She took the test with my mother. I look forward to seeing her test results. Little Red Riding Hood got her test results back in the mail this week. She did very well with an NPR (National Percentile Rank) of 98% in Reading, 59% in Language and 93% in Math. We are so proud of her. Tom Sawyer did really well on the test as well. His NPR was 78% Reading, 66% Language and 45% Math. I am surprised that he came in a bit low in math. However, he did really well overall.
All the Rest ~ We are enjoying a calm weekend. Goldilocks is spending the entire weekend with her attachment respite care provider. This is such a huge blessing to our family. I was so tired of being "ON DUTY" every minute and keeping constant line of sight. About an hour after dropping her off yesterday, my body just relaxed and I almost fell asleep over dinner! I am just that emotionally tired right now. Her siblings are being very vocal about how they are loving the calm and quiet. They also appreciate this all important respite. I pray that we can get more rest for our family in the coming months and get Goldilocks back on the path to success.