|Boomer was running so fast! It was hard to get a shot of him.|
Homeschooling ~ We did lots of school, but not all that we intended to do. We changed course mid-week because of the snow and did more workbooks than usual so we could spend more time outside. We did math, language arts, writing, CNN Student News and reading each day. Below are the highlights from the week.
- Little Red Riding Hood finished a reading comprehension workbook.
- Tom Sawyer completed 11 Teaching Textbook math lessons.
- Little Red Riding Hood finished the sixth book in the series Sister's Eight.
- Tom Sawyer read two new chapter books and a few graphic novels from the Tin Tin Series (again).
- We started our unit study on Minn of The Mississippi.
- We completed Secrets of Shakespeare's Grave.
- We continued our unit study of Neil Armstrong Young Flyer.
- We went on a field trip to the Colburn Earth Science Museum and went on a scavenger hunt.
- We learned about the La Brea tar pits and dissected our own jar of tar.
- The kids went swimming with Grandma at an indoor pool.
- Six lessons were completed in Draw Write Now.
We purchased a year's pass to the Colburn Earth Science Museum. They are moving to a bigger space in a few months and will double their exhibits. We are going to visit at least once a month and try to visit as many other science museums that reciprocate with free admission in our travels this year. There are close to a dozen just in North Carolina. It really is a great deal.
Our Favorite Meal this Week ~ The kids and I made Yorkshire pudding and pot roast. It came out great and was delicious.
This game is a bit complicated, but it is growing on us. We played it two days in a row this week.
On the Blog ~ I am going to start trying to share one of our favorite curriculum choices each week. After 16+ years of homeschooling, I have a lot of favorites. I posted about Draw Write Now on the blog this week. You can read about the first installment by clicking here or scrolling down to the next post.
One Last Picture Just for Fun ~ This is how Tom Sawyer picks up dog poop.