Easter Morning ~
We had a nice Easter. The kids each got either a chocolate bunny or chicken plus one gift. Little Red Riding Hood received Bon Bon the dog; Tom Sawyer got some magnetic thinking putty; and Tim received some much needed socks. We sat in the balcony at church. It was a full house with standing room only for many.
Tim's Birthday ~
Tim turned 25 years old this week. How is it that I am a mother of a 25 year old? I know I started early. But, really? 25! He wanted a quiet time at home with BBQ from a local landmark. We had a nice dinner with cake and enjoyed watching him open his gifts.
Stem Activities ~
I was concerned that I wasn't getting enough STEM activities into our homeschool. Now, thanks to Tinker Crates, we are having lots of great STEM activities. This week Tom Sawyer made a crane. He did lots of calibrating to get it just right and was soon able to pick up very small items, like this miniature marshmallow.
Homeschool ~ We had a really good school week. I love it when it flows smoothly. The kids attended Culture Club this week. The country we learned about was Russia. The kids' presentation was about Faberge eggs. Their PowerPoint presentation came out well, and they are really improving in their speaking skills.
Here is the rest of our week ~
- Finished reading Mama's Bank Account
- Did 6 lessons in Draw Write Now Book 2
- Worked at Teaching Textbooks lessons daily
- Painted secret compartment wooden boxes
- Made wrapping paper
- Watched CNN Student News daily
- Watched Space Shuttle Columbia DVD
- PowerPoint presentation at Culture Club
- Read Keeping the Promise a Torah's Journey (A great book about a Torah that was handed down from a Rabbi in a concentration camp and went to spSpace many years later)
- Lots of individual reading
- Lots of crafts
- Drama, writing, and math classes
- Dance classes