All this to say, we really need to review bear safety with our children. Below is a list of suggestions.
- Do not approach or sneak up on a bear.
- If the bear stops its activity, you are too close.
- Never turn your back on a bear or run from a bear.
- Slowly back up and make lots of noise.
- Raise your arms above your head and wave them vigorously.
If a black bear attacks you, fight like mad. Use anything you have as a weapon. Never play dead with a black bear.
We will be ordering an air horn. It will hopefully scare away bears and warn others inside that someone in the yard is in trouble.