Really, it wasn't a horrible week. We had a lovely birthday celebration for Anne. I am now officially a mother to three teens and a young adult. Our home is filled with hormones and emotions. With that comes more arguing, more tears, more apologies and lots of highs and lows. This week we were at a place where working on relationships was much more important than getting through our academic To Do list.
|I love seeing the relationship grow between these two brothers.|
Below is a list of what we did accomplish academically ~
- Chemistry with our homeschool friend
- Art class
- Reviewing sign language
- We Will Rise ~ Documentary on girls being educated around the world
- Completed our October puzzle
- Anne wrote a 500 word paper on Queen Elizabeth I and fashion during her reign.
- Dean wrote a 500 word paper on our New York City trip.
- Each child did two hours of math.
- Anne finished Alice in Wonderland.
- Dean continued reading his chapter book.
- They both attended dance ~ 10 hours for Anne and 6.5 hours for Dean.
- CNN Student News daily
- Anne worked on coloring intricate Queen Elizabeth I paper dolls
- Chemistry homework ~ writing about assigned element
- At least 30 minutes of music practice each day
- A Scandal in Bohemia, a Sherlock Holmes Story
- Language arts work books -- one hour
- Some work with review products
It is a blessing to homeschool, even more on the weeks that are hard than the weeks that run smoothly. We have time to work through issues, support our interests and just love each other. It is such a gift to be able to adapt our schooling to our current needs. I hope that next week goes more smoothly, but I am glad for every day with my crew, hard knocks and all.