- The Christmas tree is down and on the curb, but the ornaments are all over the floor in the process of being packed up.
- Dean had a major 5 hour diagnostic medical appointment this week, but no confirmed results yet.
- Math, what am I going to do about math for Dean? He needs a hands-on, real world math curriculum for junior high/high school. Any one ever heard of that?!
- My wonky wall oven died in flames of glory in the middle of a snowstorm yesterday. I had just turned it on to preheat it. I guess it really was ready to be retired. Too bad I am not ready to replace it. Where is the money going to come for that?!
- We only partially reopened school this week due to many appointments, Dean having an earache and the aftereffects of Christmas and visitors disaster to the home.
- One of our chromatography chemistry experiments failed and spilled all over the counter and floor overnight. I was left with a stained counter and floor. So far, I have partially removed the stain.
Lots of loose ends. As I look out on a morning of fresh, untouched snow, I am reminded of fresh starts. That is where I am at the end of this week. I am looking for a fresh start next week.
One happy success we had this week was playing lots of math games. Thank goodness for games! They bring us together and help us learn when we are too tired or distracted to learn in more traditional ways.
52 New Things ~ I am going to try something new. I want to keep a list of at least 52 new things that we do within our family this year. It could be a new game, going to a new place or learning a new skill. I will probably post this separately in the future, but since I am writing my Friday wrap-up post on Saturday, I will just include it here. This is the most I can manage this week.
Number One New Thing ~ This week, we played a brand new board game. We received Harry Potter Clue for Christmas. It is similar to the original board game, Clue, but with some extra twists and turns. We are liking it better now that we are getting the hang of the new rules. We love anything Harry Potter around here.