|Dean had primary-colored fan blades in his Lego-themed childhood room. Here he is painting those blades a teenage black!|
|They watched their Cover Story lesson on the laptop.|
The tour was interesting. Thomas Wolfe grew up in his mother's boarding house. It was amazing to imagine making meals twice a day for forty (or more!) boarders. After the tour, we enjoyed a picnic. We wrapped the day up with Cover Story in the park. Where better to write poetry than in nature?
They loved, LOVED their field trip with Miss Laura to look at graffiti and street murals.
Homeschooling is a journey and education looks different through the years. Are they learning? They are drinking in lots of knowledge every single minute. Sometimes I get worried about whatever subjects they are behind in, but then I remind myself of my mantra. Make each day be filled with quality and all will work out!
What we did accomplish this week ~
- An awesome art field trip
- Learned about shading and blending in art
- Two lessons in Cover Story (English)
- 14 Math Mammoth pages for Anne
- 11 lessons in the Are You a Math Genius? book for Dean
- Sewing for Anne
- Painting bedroom fan blades and bedroom door for Dean
- Tour of Thomas Wolfe's Home (U.S. History)
- 13 hours of dance for Anne ~ She was picked to be the princess in the upcoming production of The Little Mermaid. Our dance studio follows the original story, not the Disney version.
- Five hours of dance for Dean ~ He is working on choreographing a partnering piece with a young lady for the upcoming showcase.
- A geology lesson ~ intro to geology
- CNN Student News daily
- Anne completed copying The Declaration of Independence.
- Four hours of drawing for Dean and the completion of two drawings
- Robotics Club for Dean
- A guitar lesson for Dean and hours of practice through the week
- Dean filled out a long application to volunteer this summer.
- Anne completed chapter one with notes of the book, Girls Gone Green (taking care of our environment).
- Nine chapters from our family read aloud, Bessie's Pillow: A Young Immigrant's Journey