1) Resolutions or no resolutions ~ I like to have a few goals to work on, but I am not a slave to them. This year we are concentrating on really keeping the house tidy and comfortable. The hardest part is keeping surfaces cleared off. Paper seems to take over our home. I am also concentrating on my health and losing a few pounds. I plan to walk 12+ miles a week and do core work three times a week.
2) Love snow or no snow ~ I love snow, but only on the weekends or when it snows enough that it closes everything down. We live in the southern mountains and snowplows can take a long time to come by the house. Getting only a few inches makes it hard to get out if we need to go to doctor appointments, work, or dance classes.
3) Name a new place you want to go this year ~ Hmm, I don't have anywhere in mind. We do hope to take some kind of fun vacation this year. Life is meant to be enjoyed.
4) Would you rather have a new hair cut or a new hair color? ~ A new haircut. I am not interested in putting chemicals on my hair.
5) Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year ~ I want to stick with my walking/exercise plan, which means walking a minimum of 12 miles a week and lifting weights three times a week.
6) Least favorite thing about January ~ The grey, dead look that the southern mountains seem to have during winter.
7) Most favorite thing about January ~ There are still lots of fun holidays (New Year's Day, Three Kings Day and MLK Day). We celebrate them all!
8) When do you take down your holiday decorations? ~ We take them down on January 6 (Three Kings Day).
9) Do you diet in January? ~ Not usually. I am trying to change my diet right now but plan to do it throughout the year.
10) What area of your home do you want to organize the most? ~ I need to get the laundry room/work area section of the basement under control.
11) Favorite winter comfort food ~ Potato soup
12) Favorite guilty pleasure ~ Chocolate chip cookies