Friday, January 4, 2008

Tiany's Blog Anniversary Party

Tiany is holding a blog anniversary party.  If you are interested in playing along go here .  It looked like fun, so I thought I would join in.  She wants us to post some of our favorite things.


Here are some of mine, besides my dh and children.
  • Mother's Peanut Butter Bumpers cereal -  It is organic and has no chemicals in it.  Since we try to eat free of chemicals and food colorings, our meals can become very involved at times.  This is a quick breakfast when there just isn't time for anything else.
  • Snuggling under blankets with my kids and reading books to them Love, love, love reading to my kiddos.
  • My house being clean - Okay, this doesn't happen as often as I would like, but it is really wonderful when everything is in its place and you can walk through a sparkling home.
  • Jam imported from France - The brand is not important.  I just love really rich, thick jam that has no high fructose corn syrup in it. My Dad and Stepmother spoiled me years ago when they brought home a whole bunch of jam from France.  Yummy!!!  I especially love raspberry.
  • Wipies - Even though no one in my house is still in diapers, I still use these things all the time.  They wipe up little spills and little hands so quickly.
  • English Breakfast Tea - Yummy!  I love my morning tea.  Sometimes I have it at night, too.
  • Christy by Catherine Marshall - This is still probably my all-time favorite book or at least the one I have read the most times.  I think I have read it six times.  LOL.
  • Consignment shops - I just love the great deals I find in these shops.
  • The Sound of Music - I could watch this movie over and over again and not get bored.  I better go pull it out of storage.  We usually watch it on Christmas day but did not this year.
Well, I hope you liked my little Favorite Things List.  Now I have to go look at everyone else's list so I can find more favorite things.


Many blessings to all of you and a happy new year, Dawn

6 comments:

  1. That's a great list. I like snuggling under the covers and reading to my kids too. Happy 1 year blogging anniversary. You have motivated me to go find things around my house and see if we can homeschool "cheap." (It can't be free because I have to pay for my daughter's Spanish lessons. Sigh.)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, i love baby wipes, too. I"m still using them to wipe bottoms around here, but i use them for oh-so-many other things. I'm sure i'll be buying them in bulk at Sams for a long time to come.


    Yummy on the tea, too, though i'm just as fond of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. about the clean house part. But, alas, the more I clean the more I need to clean. LOL My, you have an international pallete don't you. : ) Great favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! My daughter watched The Sound of Music with me for the first time this year. She enjoyed it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. servingtheKingofkingsJanuary 8, 2008 at 4:03 AM

    I love to snuggle with my kids and read to them, too. We also still use wipes here.


    I've never tried jam from France but it sounds awfully good :).


    Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed visiting yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And once again you got me to post an addendum to my blog. :-) Praying for the rabies round of shots... one of my big fears living where I do. :-x

    ReplyDelete