Monday, May 5, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook...

The Simple Woman holds a really fun meme and I thought I would join in this week.  If you want to read more Daybook entries, go to the above link.


FOR TODAY ~


Outside my window ~ A sunny day begging to be enjoyed.


I am thinking ~ About fun things to do around home over summer break. Only two more weeks of formal school!!


I am thankful for ~ The wonderful opportunity my husband has given me to be a stay-at-home Mom these past 10 years.


From the kitchen ~ I hope to make Peanut Butter Pie today.


I am creating ~ Lesson plans! Lesson plans! Lesson plans!!  I look forward to a real school break, so I can plan away for the next year.


I am going ~ To our homeschool support group used book sale tonight.  Yippee!!


I am wearing ~ Long pink shorts with an aqua blue t-shirt and pullover morning sweater.


I am reading ~ Transforming the Difficult Child's Mind.


I am hoping ~ That the pollen will not bother me too much today.


I am hearing ~ My girls playing with dolls, my younger son conducting a science experiment with salt, water and chalk, and my oldest son cleaning the kitchen.


Around the house ~ I need to get the green beans in the ground and the raspberry bushes planted.  I also need to catch up on laundry and clean up the bookshelves to make space for the stack of books I am sure to come home with tonight.


One of my favorite things ~ Taking walks with my children on a spring morning.


A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK ~


The big teen is back to his normal schedule at the nature center.  The big teen needs to finish up his biology course this week, which means my house looks like one big science lab.  I will be babysitting my friend's son later today. Tomorrow, we have play group with our special needs homeschool support group.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing for you ... learning how a heart pumps with a Heaving Heart Science Kit.





Blessings, Dawn

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet little face he has! Thanks for sharing your day!

    Regina@Clothesline Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that heaving heart kit. It didn't work out so well for us though. Loved reading your meme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm..Peanut Butter Pie sounds yummy! Does it also contain chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about 'Around the House'. We're still trying to get peas and beans in the garden and the laundry has fallen behind, but I did get to clean off the book shelves yesterday. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post Dawn. And thank you for pointing me toward the Simple Woman blog....it is wonderful.


    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your list!! Brownies, yum!! I have to buy the small brownie mix, or else I'll just eat the whole 9x13 pan myself. That and homemade chocolate chip cookies. That's my downfall!! Think I'll check out the bottom of the cookie jar for any crumbs I may have left yesterday.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh I wish I was at your house on Monday. I LOVE love love peanut butter pie !! That is so neat that your ds works at a nature center. I think that is what you said. I love this meme and keep planning to do it.


    Praying blessings and ((hugs))

    In Him <><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting on my post! I don't get a lot of comments so its great to hear something.

    the title to my memoir would be

    "As Incredible as it seems, my life is based on a true story!"

    I know it is more than six words, but it's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry, that anonymous comment was mine.

    ReplyDelete