Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tea Party!

We finished off our week on manners with an end-of-the-year tea party.  Little Red Ridinghood (4) invited her friends from ballet class and about half of them showed up.  The girls had a great time.  The boys went off with Daddy to play miniature golf and ride go-karts instead of hanging out and being proper little gentlemen.  Actually, I am sure they had more fun with Daddy, and having quality time with Dad is always coveted.  The girls all came dressed up, and we had a dress up corner to try on even more fun things.  On the menu were ham and cheese croissants, thumbnail size chocolates, strawberries, lemon squares, and cupcakes.  Of course, we had a selection of hot tea or cold fruit punch.  The girls did such a nice job, and we didn't lose any of the china I inherited when my mother-in-law passed away.  They all really liked using real china and crystal. 


After tea, we made beaded bracelets with beads and pipe cleaners.  That was a fun, easy activity.  The girls also made bath salts, complete with rose petals from my Mom's garden to take home.  Hurray -- my first all-girl party turned out to be very nice!  I was really nervous, since I am not used to doing the girly thing.  All of our past parties were unisex and heavy on the boy themes.








Blessings, Dawn

12 comments:

  1. blessedwith2angelsJune 1, 2008 at 3:52 AM

    The all girl tea party sounds as if it went wonderfully. We had a party like this once and no one would eat the cake because it had a jam based center!

    I'm sure the boys had more fun with dad. : )

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what very proper ladies they were. Looks like all had a wonderful time. You did a great job. Now your broke in and you'll be ready for the Barbie party, slumber parties, make-up parties, etc., etc., etc. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a "tea party" with my girls a couple of months ago in honor of finishing our English grammar curriculum. Ours was not quite so fancy, however!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! We've gone to a couple tea parties but I've never hosted one, yours looks great paired with the dress up...very cool :)


    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked really fun and you did a great job. I did a tea party for Gracies fifth b-day party and they still talk about it. good memories!!

    mom2many

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful!! Made me smile. It brought back memories of when my oldest was turned about 11, maybe. She had a "Samantha" (American Girls) party. We did the same~ate off of the china, had sherbert in crystal goblets, made Samantha's petite fors (sp?), everyone all dressed up. The funny thing with that was as long as the were dressed up and being all proper, no one would hardly say a word. Later they changed to play clothes, and they started yacking and giggling and playing.

    Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! I love the pictures. You did a great job! The girls must have had a wonderful time. I'm glad to hear that your china survived :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter is "schooling" in her princess dress now! How fun the tea party looks!


    Just stopped over to see what fun you guys were having. I still need to write you, but this is a crazy week with dance recital happening this weekend, so it will be next week. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute!

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute idea! I'll bet the girls will always remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ThreeLittleLadiesJune 7, 2008 at 7:59 AM

    you did a good job, and I'm sure the girls will remember it for a long time.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete