Sunday, June 8, 2008

First Recital

Well, we all survived my little girl's first dance recital.  She was very nervous, so I had to become a stage mom to make her comfortable enough to perform.  However, she did perform and did a great job.  I found out that stage moms do have the best seats (in the wings).  I learned a lot from this recital.  First off, in my opinion a 4 year old is too young to be in a recital of this level and intensity.  The recital lasted 3 hours, and my dd did not go on stage for the last time until 10 pm!  Yikes, she goes to bed at 7:30 pm.  Also, there were not enough people (scheduled) to properly take care of the littlest ones throughout the evening.  We backstage moms did some recruiting of other moms to make it all run more smoothly.  I also learned that 80 girls in one room are quieter than 10 boys in the same room.  LOL!  Luckily, we had only three boys in the recital.  I still maintain that boys are easier to raise but girls are quieter!  I also learned that I will never volunteer for the dressing room ~ what a mad house!  Bless those dear mothers ~ they did a great job.  Thanks to my dear Mom for wrangling, I mean taking care of, my ornery youngest son during the rehearsal and recital.  Anyhow, it was all worth it because she had fun.  Well, enough rambling ~ on with the pictures....

They performed from the book of The Acts in the Bible.




Blessings, Dawn

10 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful! I can't imagine expecting such young children to last that long or perform that late. My little girl would have melted down for sure! :)


    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful that you have a Christian dance studio to take your daughter too.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy does she ever look like her daddy in that picture. She looks like a beautiful successful dancer. She certainly loves to spin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I just blogged today about my dd's dance recital too. And I could have warned you about being a back-stage mom....ugh...that's the pits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet!

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. tnmomtomanyblessingsJune 11, 2008 at 12:06 AM

    We also have a great dance teacher, I love the dances and songs she chooses.

    Your daughter did great!


    Be blessed,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pics!! I'm glad that everything worked out so wonderfully!! :-) I do so admire your courage and stamina--such and encouragement to me!! Blessings! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet!


    I helped my best friend with her daughter's dance recital many years ago and it was enough to keep me from putting mine in dance. But, it looks like y'all have a real nice group there.


    Love the sticky things you guys did.


    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet. And how great that it was a Christian recital.

    Briana just finished her last recital ever~her 15th. That's 17 years to date for Dad and Mom! Guess what~ the little 2 are asking to start this year. Can I stand another lifetime of recitals?! It was so nice when they were old enough not to need help anymore, and I could just sit out front and watch!

    Letitia

    ReplyDelete