Monday, June 9, 2008

Sticky

The theme of unplug your kids this week is "sticky"!  My kids are very good at being sticky, so I thought we would join in this week.  To see more sticky activities, go to the unplug your friends blog listed above.

They got very sticky while helping me bake bread.  When we were done with the bread, we made granola with lots of honey!  Yummy and sticky!  We then moved on to a sticky building material (laundry detergent, food coloring, and water).  This was made out of four parts powdered laundry detergent and one part water.  The kids had lots of fun playing with this new medium, as seen in the third and fourth photos.  When they were done, my youngest decided to wash herself off in the soap suds (see last photo).  Her dress was so soapy I didn't have to put any laundry detergent in the whole load of laundry.  LOL!















This was fun and I look forward to doing another unplugged kids theme someday soon.


Blessings, Dawn

8 comments:

  1. I like theme going here! Very creative awesome ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! My boys would love to do something like this.


    The ballet pics are very nice! I agree with you, 3 hours is way to long for a recital with such young children. Yikes! I'm glad you had others available to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - lots of sticky fun! :)


    www.seekingimperfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The laundry detergent medium is interesting. We'll have to give it a try. Good, clean fun! :)


    ~Christy

    www.MamaSaidSew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly had lots of sticky fun with this! The bread and granola sound yummy.


    Thanks so much for joining in. Welcome to the Unplugged Project! I really hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOPS! I forgot to sign the comment above. The welcome to the project one, that was me.


    -Mom Unplugged

    http://www.unplugyourkids.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always seem to have so much fun. My kids would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That sure looks like fun. Sadly, I am not sure I am as brave or patient to try it myself...LOL!


    Amy

    www.learningatourhouse.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete