Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #8 ~ Our Study Spot

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/hsbawards/Homeschool%20Memoirs/8.png




THEME: This week share your favorite spot to study with your kids. There are many places you can sit down to teach, learn, and work, but where do you prefer and why? You’re welcome to include a photo of your study spot! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s!
Our favorite place to do school is the dining room table.  We got a new to us table a month or so ago, and it is proving to be even more of a blessing than I had hoped.  We school all over the house but do most art, history, tea time (during which Mom reads aloud), math, science, circle time, writing and board games at the table.  My husband says that we eat in the library, since our dining room has more books than anything else in it.  I like that most of the books we are currently using are within my reach, without having to leave the room.  I also love that my table time cabinet is at arm's length, and I can quickly get a little one busy with an activity without leaving an older one's side.  Here are a few photos of our favorite study spot:





Our "table time" cabinet.


To see more great homeschool memoirs, go here.


Blessings, Dawn

8 comments:

  1. How nice to have such a large table!


    Do you incorporate tea time into school? I'd love to know how you do this.


    ~Monica

    www.ourkrazzylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sharing your study place!


    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dining room table would have been my second choice for homeschooling. It is the center of our home. When the Inquisitor wants to get away from his sister, he goes to the dining room, where he can get peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use our diningroom too and sometimes we eat in the living room if we're doing a big project. Wonderful post and pictures. Have a great week.


    Renee'

    http://rmboys1.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. to have everything within reach. I love all the book cases filled the God's wonders just waiting to be explored. Glad your table has worked out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing pictures of your study spot. I would have to say my favorite is on the couch "one on one" with the kids. I like the comfort, the fact I can hold one of the babies on my lap and give my attention to that one child that really needs me at the moment. I will really love it when our additon is finally done. It is on hold for the holidays.

    blessings,

    mom2many

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your space!! I envy it!! I have so much crammed in my dining room with all the school stuff, that half the time, I can't find the table!! hehe!!


    Have a wonderful day!!


    shell

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've done school at the dining room table before. I like having all the books and supplies in easy access too!

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete