Sunday, December 7, 2008

Muffin Tin Lunch ~ Christmas Stories

Her Cup Overfloweth is hosting Muffin Tin Monday.  The theme this week is Christmas Literature.


This is our first Muffin Tin Monday lunch and the kids loved it.  We read the book, Grandfather's Christmas Camp, by Mark McCutcheon.





This is a sweet story about a 3 legged dog who goes missing on Christmas Eve in the mountains.  Grandfather decides he must go find him and his granddaughter goes along.  They end up camping out on Christmas Eve and finding their dog Christmas morning.  For our meal, we had camping food.





We had pickles, hot chocolate, raisins and nuts, baked beans, hot dogs, and saltine crackers.


What a fun way to have lunch!


Blessings, Dawn

9 comments:

  1. I missed a few weeks of muffin tin Monday and my kids are missing it. Things have been too busy for me to prepare for it but can't wait to get back to it. I love the Christmas literature one and even suggested it but last week was too busy and now my crew has been sick including hubby! :( I never heard of your story but it looks good and the lunch looked very good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story and a great muffin tin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I hadn't heard of this, but I think it sounds so fun and I'd like to find that book, too!

    Blessings,

    ~Tammy (Lattes and Lollipops)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea...Can't wait to give this one a try... I think that will be the something special for next week!!!

    Thanks for sharing!!!

    Have a great week and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest muffin tin. I love everything about it! It makes me want to go camping big time~


    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all those creative ideas that you share. Your kids are very blessed to have such a special mom who works hard to make school enjoyable.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle @ Her Cup OverflowethDecember 10, 2008 at 9:21 AM

    Great tin! I tried really hard to make mine not have sweets in it, but I was so stumped as to what to put in it! YOurs looks great! My kids and I will have to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so making me wish I still had a little one!!

    What a fun idea!


    Blessings,

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so clever! I have one child who would like to eat like that every day - everything separated! Yum!

    ReplyDelete