Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Local Science Museum...

We had a lovely day at our local science museum.  I wanted to get there before the Curious George exhibit left town in a few weeks.  The kids had a great time as always.  It was even better because no one was there.  I think I saw two other families the whole morning.  It is not a very big museum, but they do a really nice job with their exhibits and one of the halls changes every few months.  Also, we got in for free because I bought the membership at a museum in Nashville that belonged to the Association of Science-Technology Centers program.  We have two museums and the local nature center in our area that belong to this association.  There are 250 museums across the country that you can get into free with this membership.  I highly recommend it if you love science museums.  Both of our local science museums have homeschool classes, too.  I really have to try them out.








Little Red Ridinghood loved the contraption that you cranked the balls up and then built a tube for them to come down through.  Yes, those are giant teeth in the background.   The girls had a great time flossing them.








Of course, the boys had a blast building air-propelled ball shooters.  They had a very long ball war.


Finally, we got to the Curious George exhibit. 





The kids learned all about wind and building.  I had fun reading about the history of Curious George.  What a great day!


Blessings, Dawn

9 comments:

  1. I love taking the kids to the science museum. It is too long between visits for us.


    I came here from the link in Renee's blog (Baker's Dozen). You mentioned that your kids are having a hard time with math. Do you use Math-U-See? Mine LOVE it! My eldest (12yo and 7th grade) is in Zeta and knows way more than I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT opportunity! Those interactive, fun and educational places really help with learning and getting ideas cemented in! My children would have loved Curious George!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to visit science museums. We belonged to one in Birmingham when my husband worked there. They had very interesting homeschool classes.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are you on Christmas break now? I bet you and your kids are enjoying the break. We have much more snow now, I will have to post pics again soon.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the kids were little they loved going to the science museum. Unfortunately the only one located in the Atlanta area closed several years ago. We were seriously bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing pictures of your trip to the Science Museum. I love those days when we break from the routine and go exploring with our children.


    Thanks for sharing!


    Blessings,


    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your museum looks fun! There's nothing to shoot at our's...I'm a tiny bit jealous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how fun!


    We love science museums. We had a membership the year before last and it was great, esp. the reciprocal program.


    It looks like you all learned a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kiddos love George; that would be a hit with them lol...

    ReplyDelete