Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Flat Stanley Returns ...

We were very excited to see our first Flat Stanley return home.  This Flat Stanley went to Colonial Williamsburg with our bloggie friends at Teacups in the Garden.  He had lots of fun and even came home in a Colonial outfit!


They sent us lots of cool info from Colonial Williamsburg including pictures of Flat Stanley meeting Thomas Jefferson and touring the governor's mansion.  They also sent us a really cool art book from an exhibit at the art museum in Colonial Williamsburg.  The book was filled with stickers of folk art that you put in the proper place as you read the story.  The kids loved the interactive book.


We then put Flat Stanley up on our Outline map.  We can not wait for some of his other friends to come home so they can take their place on the map.  This is such a fun way to learn Geography!


We are looking forward to doing some folk art crafts in the next week or so to go along with the book.  I will post those when we get to them.

If you are interested in hosting a Flat Stanley and live in the United States of America, we would love to send you one.  We have Flat Stanleys currently in Alaska, North Carolina, Virginia, and Florida.  Please let me know in comments.

Blessings,

Dawn

4 comments:

  1. I'll take one to Boston with me in December, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd have art projects up your sleeve! I can't wait to see them!
    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! We need to return a Stanley to you!!! Sorry I've been so slow around here.

    Hugs to you friend!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh how fun. I remember going there when I was 18 yo. I loved it there. What a blessing this must be to the kids. I bet they are having so much fun learning about places they have never been.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete