Monday was a normal school day.
Tuesday was International Pancake Day, and the IHOP was giving out short stacks for a donation to charity. We happily attended and had a delightful breakfast.
Wednesday we went to the symphony. It was a special school show and we loved it. You can read more about it here.
Thursday some friends asked us to go to the Biltmore Estate with them. They had extra tickets and gave them to us at no cost. We had all seen the house in the past, so we decided to skip the house this time, because the weather was marvelous and we all wanted to be outdoors. We visited one of the shopping areas and got ice cream, spent lots of time with the baby animals (the goats were three weeks old), and spent a good long time exploring the gardens and greenhouses.
|A perfectly wide balance beam for cartwheels|
We did manage to get some school accomplished as well. The kids logged more hours in most subjects, as follows:
- Literature ~ 3 hours ~ (both)
- Math ~ 3 hours ~ (both)
- Language Arts ~ 3 hours (Dean), 4 hours (Anne)
- History ~ 5 hours ~ (both)
- The Arts ~ 9 hours ~ (Anne) ~ 5 hours (Dean)
- P.E. ~ 5 hours ~ (Dean) ~ Anne already completed P.E.
- Science ~ 3 hours ~ (Anne) ~ 4.5 hours (Dean)
- Sign Language ~ 2 Hours ~ (Anne)