My only true academic goals for this week were to do math every day and continue co-op classes with our friend, Rose. We accomplished all of that and so much more. Their accomplishments are listed below.
- Dean did five math lessons in Life of Fred Fractions and Zillions of Practice Problems Fractions.
- Dean did three lessons in geometry on CTCMath and made two 3-D shapes.
- Both kids did a biology lesson on osmosis and cell membranes.
- Both kids watched parts of the movie, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. (I decided that some of it wasn't appropriate.)
- Dean attended his art class and guitar class.
- Anne attended 15 hours of dance classes and helped as a teacher assistant for one additional hour.
- Anne painted her bed a lovely ivory for home economics.
- Anne learned eight songs in American Sign Language and performed each one of them for school credit.
- We began reading A Gebra Named Al as a family.
- Both kids watched the documentary, Born in China.
- Dean completed two lessons in Spanish.
- Anne started writing a comparison paper on the movie versus the book, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
- Dean did four science experiments on water purification for earth science.
We also got lots of projects done. Four of us got flu shots and all five of us got all of our paperwork and photos submitted for passports. I am not sure when we will get to use them, but it will be nice to have them ready. My husband also did everything from balancing fans in the house to steam cleaning floors.
The most exciting part of the week was celebrating Anne's 14th birthday. I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast. She is responsible, grateful, smart, caring, focused and friendly. Her devotion to her education and dance is impressive. What a lovely young lady she is becoming! The first celebration of her birthday was going out to the Chicken Salad Chick restaurant with two of her dear friends and family. She got lots of dance gear and a few jigsaw puzzles. This weekend, we will be having another dear friend of hers over to go to dance class and out for a formal afternoon tea. I will post pictures of that next week.