Friday, October 23, 2020

Spooky Season

Since most spooky season events are cancelled this year from haunted houses to fall festivals, Anne was hunting around for something fun and safe to do during her favorite season. She heard about a costume challenge on Instagram and decided that she wanted to do a variation of that challenge this year. She decided to create nine costumes from our closets, thrift stores and sewing projects. Her costumes are all based on musicals. I think she did a marvelous job and she had so much fun.

A Chorus Line

The Sound of Music

The Sound of Music ~ Take Two

The Phantom of the Opera

The Addams Family

Rent

Mean Girls

Newsies

Mary Poppins

Beetlejuice

We went on a few walks as a family this week. I also went on several walks while Anne was in dance class. I accomplished 14 miles of walking this week. We really enjoyed our family walk in the River Arts District. Our city is doing a wonderful job of making a greenway in the flood zone between the river and all of the old industrial buildings. Many of the buildings that are on higher ground have been reclaimed for artist studios and galleries, but the lower ones are mostly used by graffiti artists.




We also made our first leaf pile and spent a bit of time playing in it. You are never too old to play in leaves...right?! There are so many more leaves to come. I love autumn!




All the Rest ~
  • Anne wrote three papers this week (two creative and one expository).
  • She also did three sewing projects and three Latin lessons.
  • One of the Job Coaches came out from Vocational Rehabilitation to get more details from Elijah so that they can start job sampling in the next week or two.
  • Dear Husband replaced the pipes under the sink, and I put down new contact paper under the sink.
  • Anne went to work and dance classes.
  • My husband had his birthday...complete with grilled steak and homemade gazpacho soup.
  • We all got our flu shots.
Stay safe everyone.

Blessings, Dawn

4 comments:

  1. I love the costumes!! I think Wednesday Addams is my favorite, she has the facial expression down pat!!

    Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne did a marvelous job on her costumes!!! I was able to guess most of them before I read the caption, and that is a compliment to Anne, not to me. :)

    I've been praying for Elijah to find just the right job and for things to get moving along. I hope it all works out.

    Happy birthday to your husband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those costumes turned out great! I love that you walked 14 miles this week; that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound of Music! Love it, what a fun idea!

    Congratulations on getting those miles in! My last walk was in February. :sigh:

    ReplyDelete