I am going to start a blessings list on Sundays. There are so many things to be thankful for all of the time and great things happen to my family every week! Sometimes we get bogged down and forget all that we have to be grateful for. So join me on this little reminder to myself.
1) I am so blessed to have children who are on the path to being well trained. Just yesterday we went off to get a $5 rabies shot for the dog. Seemed like a great idea ... pull up to a tent and they reach in and give your fearful dog a shot. Boy, did we get caught in a four hour mess of traffic with no way out of that line to get the shot. So there we were winding around forever with nothing but a coloring book and six crayons with 3, 5, and 6 year old kids. They were great! They didn't cry! They behaved! They went potty in cups (the poor tykes)! They were even cheerful like they were on some great adventure or something! (By the way, we will not be doing that again!)
2) I am so blessed for the quiet moments with my husband. I have really been enjoying having him at home at night so we can actually talk without directing children at the same time. We even have started just sitting out on the deck, watching the sunset!
3) I am blessed to be so happily married after 9 years. Every year just gets easier and easier!
4) We are blessed to have found a church that suits are family so well. The children just love it and, even though it is a big church, we are making friends and feel very comfortable.
5) We are blessed to have brand new tires on the minivan.
6) We are blessed to have a large, really good hospital nearby that has done wonders in getting my Mother back on her feet this week. She was very ill with a kidney infection.
7) We are blessed that we finally got some rain this week. We are down by 8 inches, even after the rainstorm, and our lawn has turned into a crunchy brown field. My little Tom Sawyer says it sounds like Rice Krispies.