Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nature Hike

I haven't had much time to blog this week. We are repurposing the main living area which means moving most of the furniture between two rooms. On top of that, we are into our pirate study which I can already see is going to take more than a week to complete. Right now everything seems a bit chaotic around me, but I can see that it is all going to be for the better soon. One of the things I am trying to do is to create a library wall. If you don't hear from me again, you can google for news stories about the Mother of 4 who was crushed under thousands of books! LOL!  No really, I hope to be mostly done in the next 3 or 4 days and post my big reveal. 

A few days ago we had a very peaceful hike along the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was nice to get out in nature and enjoy ourselves in the peace of the woods. 


Bringing up the rear


Daddy telling us how to figure out the age of this tree


Digging in an old dead tree


Everybody (but me) on a little wooden bridge


This last picture was taken by my son, Timothy. I love this picture and it reminds me of my favorite poem.

The Road Not Taken ~ Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Blessings, Dawn

8 comments:

  1. I love the google thing! That's so funny! Your pictures are great. Do you use Photobucket to put them on here? That's the only way I know how, and it's so tedious to do that I've stopped doing it.


    Do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! And what a lot of fun you must have had!!!


    Hopefully, your living room rearrangment will be done soon. Don't get crushed under all the books. I made it through almost all the boxes-you can do it!

    Blessings,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are so beautiful -- the green just glows. I can feel the peacefulness of that hike and wish I'd been with you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how we live in different states, yet we are both near the Blue Ridge Parkway. We haven't done our end yet. But we did take a twisting nature trail to a creek off the Potomac today for lunch. We had lunch on a deck over the creek looking over the water lilies and beaver dam. Next time we'll take a camera.

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect poem to go with the last picture ~ looks like you all had a wonderful day! Loved your humor about 'google' * made me laugh. Can't wait to see your big reveal! Warmly, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love moving stuff around, but I don't like the messy part!

    I can't wait to see your big reveal.


    The hike looks delightful. Very pretty there.

    ReplyDelete