I am joining 10 Tuesday!
Here are ten reasons why I might go crazy today.
1) One of the kids kicked over a gallon of paint all over my laundry room floor!
2) This happened in the middle of a play date!
3) I put flour all over it to try to stop it from going under the washer. THAT WAS A BAD IDEA!
4) I have given up on the paint for the moment to watch the nine neighborhood kids that are currently gathered in my backyard.
5) Boomer has stripes of paint all over him in white and brown from rubbing against the freshly painted wall this morning and then stepping in the spilled paint on the floor.
6) I have no idea what we will be having for dinner, but it sure isn't the homemade sausage and grain-free pancakes that I had planned.
7) One of the neighborhood kids (who is not allowed into my yard) is breaking into cars in the neighborhood and stealing anything that resembles a weapon, including a machete and my mother's cane! He is a troubled boy and, unfortunately, his parents don't seem to be at all concerned or willing to return what he has stolen.
8) Sometimes I feel like we live in the "hood"! I can't take my eyes off my kids for a moment. This neighborhood has gone up and down in safety over the years, and right now it is experiencing a crime wave (mostly drugs and break-ins). The triple homicide one block away that took place a few months ago doesn't encourage me either.
9) I don't seem to be able to keep up with housekeeping right now, what with having no dryer, lots of rain preventing hanging the laundry out to dry, poison sumac popping up all over our yard and a bumper crop of tomatoes!
10) Did I mention that we just found out my husband's sister and family (who have never visited us before and whom we haven't seen in about 7 years) is arriving Friday for a one week stay? Yep! Please send me a straight jacket. LOL!
Of course, we are really looking forward to having family visit. I just pray everything can calm down a bit so that we can enjoy their visit. I need to be more like Mary than like Martha right now. All shall be well!