Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pretty, Funny, Happy, Real ~ Homeschooling Through a Move

Pretty 
Fall has arrived and the leaves are changing.  We are blessed to live in a lovely area and we are trying to remember to stop and look at our stunning surroundings in this very busy time.  We enjoyed a lovely nature walk on a wooded trail this week.

 Happy 
We had a showing right at lunch time on my husband's birthday this week.  Instead of throwing together a haphazard lunch, I decided we should go out to a local eatery that was a short walk away from home. It was a double treat because the pool tables were open and my husband got to play several rounds of pool with the kids.


Funny
Many people think that it is funny (or crazy) that I am still homeschooling two weeks out from moving.  However, I really find that my kids thrive on structure and that keeping a few hours of school helps them cope.  They also love their classes out of the home.  Tom Sawyer and Little Red are learning so much in chess.  They play for hours outside of class.

Real
We sure have our work cut out for us at the new house.  Buying a foreclosure is not for the faint of heart.  The bank fixed very little and the repair list is very, very long.  Since our current home has not sold yet, we will not have money to put straight into the house.  I am a bit overwhelmed with where to start.  The picture below is my soon to be kitchen.  I love the layout.  My love ends there.  The prior owner took all of the doors off (which are still there) and also took many of the drawers with her.  It is painted with a primer and nothing more.  We need to get a fridge and attach the dishwasher which they took all of the screws out of (crazy)!  I don't know what to do about that dated ceiling!  The floors and counters are original to the house (1959).


I am joining Like Mother, Like Daughter this week.

Blessings, Dawn






2 comments:

  1. We shall both keep telling ourselves, "This will all be worth it in the end."
    I hear open shelves are a big fad in kitchens today :) and those cabinets are ready for any color you want to do. I loved my black cabinets at the old house!
    I'm trying to see the problems as possibilities, that is, now that I have gotten this house to a place where it is more healthy for us to live here.

    Hang in there!
    Blessings, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand people like this. When we house hunted here we ran into the same thing.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete