School this Week ~
- Literature ~ Doll Bones by Holly Black -- Our librarian was right. This audio book has kept us on the edge of our seats. We have about 20 more minutes to go to complete the story. We will finish it up in the car this morning.
- Math ~ Each child did at least four lessons from Teaching Textbooks this week. Tom Sawyer did a few more.
- Language Arts ~ They were required to do 10 pages in language arts workbooks this week, doing spelling and vocabulary.
- History ~ We watched CNN Student News each morning.
- Geography ~ We did three chapters in Seabird by Holling C. Holling and completed the map work for those chapters.
- Art ~ We finished our Nativity stained glass pictures and made snowflakes.
- Writing ~ They did journaling or writing homework each day. Tom Sawyer attended writing class.
- Bible ~ We watched The First Noel on YouTube and attended church.
We also Decked the Halls ~
We dropped off books for the library Christmas Wish Tree ~
But, most of this week has been devoted to the Nutcracker ~ Both kids have roles as party goers and candy canes.
I love all of the wonderful experiences the kids get working with this dance studio. They love every minute of it, too!
|Notice the boy hiding behind the pole ~ What am I going to do with him?|
|Tom Sawyer leaping and Little Red Riding Hood (in peach dress) sticking out her tongue at him.|
|Tom Sawyer and Little Red Riding Hood in their party scene outfits.|
|Little Red Riding Hood is in the center (front)|
|Little Red Riding Hood during the party scene (middle sitting in peach dress)|
|Tom Sawyer during warm ups|
|Tom Sawyer as candy cane on the left facing us|