Thursday, March 19, 2009

Friday Show and Tell ~ Games, Games, Games

We love games in our family. My kids were so excited when a friend gave us the game, Horton Hears a Who! They could not wait to get home from their play date to play it. 


No wonder this game has won so many awards. It kept my kids busy for 1 1/2 hours the first day. After setting up the board and hiding the clovers, the players move around the board and have to wear the Horton hat when it is time to go out and find a clover. My kids hid the clovers all over the first floor of our home. Then the player must pick up the clover with their Horton hat only. What a great game! Not only does it include some thinking skills but physical skills as well. It is also great for the wiggly child who needs to move around often.






We were also lucky to find a brand new game, Money Matters A Christian Financial Game, at a yard sale for 50 cents. The Big Teen and I had a good time playing it. It took about two hours to complete the game but was a great review of what I've been teaching already about budgeting.


Blessings, Dawn

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that really looks like a great interactive game! We love the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh that looks like sooooooo much fun. Even though I probably won't get as good as a deal as you did but I will HAVE to check into the Money Matters game ! Thanks for sharing .


    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a game my kids would have loved when they were younger. Both of my kids loved Dr. Suess.

    Plus what a great find on the money game. Anything that teaches budgeting is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A person's a person..even with Horton ears and nose on! Too cute!

    Because of Jesus, Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love games, too. These are two that I have not heard about before. I'll have to keep my eyes open in the coming yard sale season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That game looks like such fun! I think my kids, especially my son, would have loved such a game when they were younger. And I love yard sales, too, though I haven't really gone to one in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it will bring you hours of fun.

    We found Money Matters at a yard sale too, a couple of years back. It is really a great game. My kids really enjoy playing it and have learned alot about more than just bugeting. I hope your children will enjoy it also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Horton Had A Hoo game. I have some children that would love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I came soooooo close to picking up the Horton game awhile back when we exchanged a b'day gift. It looked great and now I know it is, so next time we get to pick out a game I know what it will be.

    ReplyDelete