Sunday, March 15, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday ~ Green

With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, we decided to join in on Muffin Tin Monday this week. I had fun coming up with a green meal to fill our muffin tin. Going clockwise in the photo, we have salad, broccoli, grapes, cucumbers, mayo, and Shrek drink (smoothie with spinach, grapes, honey, lime and ice cubes). We also had eggs to complete the meal, but I decided not to make them green this time. The kids loved their green meal and had fun with the Shrek drink. I am so glad I have kiddos that eat their veggies!! The smoothie was a fun way to get in spinach which is new to them. I am not too hip on spinach myself, so never gave it to them!

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Blessings, Dawn

4 comments:

  1. we have missed you at Muffin Tin Monday!! So glad you joined us! I LOVE that shrek drink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bunch of green foods. How nice that your kids will eat so many veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by for a quick catch-up!! Love the green food!! :-) I make a great green smoothie with pineapple, frozen bananas and big bunches of spinach leaves in my VitaMix. Everybody loves it!! Sometimes I throw in a couple big handfulls of frozen cherries which turns the whole thing a nasty brown color--but tastes really yummy!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Blessings!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I was very neglectful of St. Patrick's Day this year - we didn't do anything except wear green. (And I only wore green so my son would stop pinching me!) :o)

    ReplyDelete